COVID - Max 3 persons & limit of 2 hours where possible.
Do not to access the centre if you or any of your group are unwell or have COVID-19 symptoms.
Now any small business can stand out from its competitors and grow. The Media Studio has been equipped making online sound and video recordings take on a professional look and sound for minimal cost.
Hints & Tips
To get started we recommend viewing a few of the videos near the bottom of this page. Particularly the video on 3 Point Lighting.
Small group of 2 to 3 people
Features (All Inclusive)
- iMac Computer with range of entry level to profession video / audio editing applications. See "Editing Applications" details below
- Acoustic reduction studio
- Green screen or curtain backdrop.
- Lighting & Stands
- Clacker board to match video to sound recordings.
- Microphones - High quality Shure, Blue Yeti and wireless Rødelink Lapel Microphone.
- Sound mixer (2 channels) and headphones
- Video Camera - Simple to use, high quality Sony HDR PJ540. See specifications below.
- Editing Suite of Apps. (See list below)
- Wifi (High Speed)
- Espresso coffee and other refreshments
Fitted with all round noise absorbing curtains making this space perfect for quality sound recordings.
The Green Screen adds a magical capability whereby an image or prerecorded video can be substituted into the background of your video production.
The Media Studio is equipped with very easy to use equipment. Assistance can be provided on request for lighting and use of equipment.
Sony Camcorder has internal 32GB memory or you can record to a removable Micro SD Card. Micro SD Cards can be purchased when booking online. See "Extra Resources"
- Regular and ongoing bookings, please contact us for quoted rate.
- Please use online form - Non online bookings, reschedule or cancellation will attract an addition $50 per item.
- Clean up cost if space not returned in good order. $100.
Equipment & Application
For details on using the studio equipment and editing application see videos below and equipment manual
WiFi & Printers
To use any of the printers at the centre or to access high speed internet, connect to the AHBC access point. The password can be found on table top signs or passage display.
Recent Video & Podcast Productions
How we record an episode of Celluloid Junkies
PersonalTouch Home Cleaning
Website introduction video
Woodside Primary School
War On Waste
Adelaide Hills Real Estate
Tips in selling your home
Celluloid Junkies, three local friends who love to sit around and discuss movies. They figured, why not record it and let other people listen, too? And so was born this podcast and now recorded at the Adelaide Hills Business Centre's Media Studio.
Tips Creating Professional Media
Final Cut Pro
For making full length documentaries and more
Great for everyday video with a large range of special effects
Using Green Screen in iMovie
How to apply green screen effect in iMovie
The 10 YouTube Fundamentals
This framework will help you maximize your potential for long-term success on YouTube.
3 Point Lighting
Simple lighting concepts for great results
The Sony Camcorder MTS file
The Sony Camcorder in the media centre producers Advanced Video Coding, High Definition format files with the file extension of .mts. To open the .mts file on your computer, double-clicking it. If your file associations are set up correctly, the application that's meant to open your .mts file will open it. It's possible you may need to download or purchase the correct application. The one file will contain all recording clips as a group.
Applications that open a MTS file.
- Apple iMovie, Finial Cut Pro and QuickTime
- Microsoft Windows Media Player, Nullsoft Winamp Media Player 5.6 with WinAHX plug-in
Once you have topped, tailed and edited your video clips using one of the above application, export the video clip to one of the video formats. Eg MP4, FLV, MKV, MOV, AVI etc Tip: Export toa resolution that best fits the purpose. With YouTube, create video in 720p or higher. Doing so will give your videos the HD badge.
A/V Supplied Equipment
Rødelink Lapel Microphone
Shure BEAT 58 Microphone
Blue Yeti Microphone
Xenyn Audio Mixer
SONY HDR PJ540 HandyCam
SONY HDR PJ540 HandyCam Specs
- Memory Stick Micro (M2), microSD cards
- 32 GB flash Internal Storage
Video Capture Resolution
- AVCHD - 1920 x 1080 - 60 fps - 28Mbps
- AVCHD - 1920 x 1080 - 60 fps - 24Mbps
- AVCHD - 1920 x 1080 - 60 fps - 17Mbps
- AVCHD - 1440 x 1080 - 60 fps - 9Mbps
- AVCHD - 1440 x 1080 - 60 fps - 5Mbps
- H.264 - 1280 x 720 - 30 fps - 3Mbps