Business Name Registration or Transfer.
A sole trader only need to register a business name if you are not trading under their legal name Eg. "John Smith" or with a company (Pty Ltd) the corporation's legal name Eg. "My Company Pty Ltd".
This means trading as "John Smith's Cars" or "My Company" without the "Pty Ltd" requires a register a business name.
A Sole Trader or Corporation must register a Business Name for each name it uses when trading.
New Business Name - Australian Business Number (ABN) for Sole Trader or Corporate Entity includes the following registration options:-
- Business Name Search with IP Australia, ASIC and Domain Register to ensure availability and compliance.
- Australian Business Number Registration
- First year of Business Name registration. (3 years option available)
- Tax File number for Corporate Entities
- Employer Registration (If Required)
- GST Registration (Supplied unless informed otherwise)
Transfer - (When you sell your business name to another entity)
- Creation of Transfer Code
- Transfer of ownership to existing Sole Trader or Corporation with and ABN
- First year of Business Name registration (3 years option available)
You need to provide us with:
- Business Name to be registered.
- Name of owner and ABN.
- Address of Business and contact information.
- Non Member - $395 (1 Year's registration)
- Member - $295 (1 Year's registration)
- Add 2 more years of registration for $40
DIY Business Name Registration
Decided to start your own business and want to do your own business name registration? This helpful tutorial explains the process to register a business name. This includes establishing an ASIC Connect Account and linking your business name. There is a registration fee payable to ASIC that can be paid by credit card or BPAY.