ABN Registration

ABN Registration

If an employer tells you to apply for an Australian Business Number (ABN), it is highly likely you will not be entitled to an ABN. See the video below for ABN entitlement.

You need an ABN if you wish to start a business, apply for a Business Name, obtain a TFN for a corporation, register a Not For Profits organisations with the ACNC, register a business owned Domain Name and other ATO related reasons.


Process your ABN registration along with optional Goods & Services Taxes (GST), Luxury Car Tax (LCT), Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT), Wine Equalisation Tax (WET) and Fuel Tax Credit (FTC) registration.

You need to provide us with:

    • Business Name to be registered.
    • Business Industry Eg. Production Farming
    • Goods & Services Taxes (GST), Luxury Car Tax (LCT), Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT), Wine Equalisation Tax (WET) and Fuel Tax Credit (FTC) requirements.
    • If a person, Full Name (As shown on their Tax Return), Home address, Place of birth, Date of birth, tax file number.
    • If a Company, Company Name, ACN and Date Established along with each Office Holders details as above and position held.
    • Confirm that no owners are discharged director or office holder or have been a declared bankruptcy.
    • If a new corporation (Pty Ltd) we will register for a Tax File Number and GST unless advised otherwise.
    • Do you intend to employ at time of commencing business?
    • Do you plan to create >$75k ($150k for Not For Profit) in your first year or want to be registered for GST?
    • Registration Address for the business to receive official and legal documents. (The AHBC Address may be use - See Membership for details)
    • To transfer a business names and if you have a ASIC Connect account, access email and password to your existing ASIC Connect account, Business Name and ABN of entity to receive the transfer.


      • Non Member - $395
      • Member - $295
      • + $25 per Corporate Office Holder if a Company with more than 3 office holders.

You need to register for GST if

    • Expected turnover (not including the GST) of $75,000 or more per year or $150,000 or more per year for non-profit organisations.
    • Your business provides taxi or limousine services.
    • You want to claim fuel tax credits for your business or enterprise.

You may elect to register for GST regardless of the about and you can register for GST at any time with the ATO

You need to register for PAYG if

Employing or expecting to employ people within the next 12 months whereby you will be holding income tax on their behalf for the Australian Tax Office (ATO).

You can register for PAYG at any time with the ATO. If Yes!, we will apply on your behalf, electronic reporting.