Mailchimp Domain Settings
Avoid Anti Spamming or blocked email when using Mailchimp
In recent years, additional domain verification has been required by email sending applications such as MailChimp to avoid email spamming and blocking.
To help ensure your emails reach your recipients' inboxes, set up custom DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) authentication for your domain and include Mailchimp in your Sender Policy Frameworks (SPF) record. Inbox Service Providers (ISPs) like Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft, use DKIM and SPF authentication as a way to scan incoming emails for spam or spoofed addresses. Emails that fail authentication are more likely to arrive in a spam or junk folder.
- Log onto your Mailchimp account
- Select "Account" from drop down list. See image 1.
- From the "Account" menu, select "Settings" and "Domains". See image 2.
- If your domain email has not been verified, complete this task and check your emails for the verification code. Click here for further details.
- Once the domain email has been verified, select "Authenticate" next to the email domain name. A "Domain Authentication" dialogue shall appear with the SPF message and the DKIM message. See image 3. Both of these messages need to be added to your domain DNS service. Click here for further details.
- The SPF is a TXT record and the host name / subdomain is the domain root name. The record message is normally "v=spf1 include:servers.mcsv.net ?all" without quote marks. Set TTL to say 14400ms.
- The DKIM is a CNAME record and the host name / subdomain is "k1._domainkey" without quote marks and the record message is normally "dkim.mcsv.net" without quote marks. Set TTL to say 14400ms.
- Open your domain account and locate your DNS setting.
- Enter the TXT and CNAME record and save.
- Return to MailChimp and select the "Authenticate Domain" Button.
- The authentication process can take upwards of 48 hours to process. A message will indicate if your domain has authenticated.
If you need technical assistants, please contact the AHBC for tech support.