Creating a Google Account
How to establish a Google Account using your email address
You may wish to create a Google account for a number of reason:
- Access many of the Google Online services using the one email email address.
- Gain editing capability with share online documents Eg. AHBC Business Tools.
- Create a Google My Business service with online map placement.
- Build a YouTube Channel for your business.
- Gain information on who is visiting your business website with Google Analytics.
This step-by-step walkthrough will show you exactly how to use your company email address (email@example.com)
- Open google.com in your web browser and click the blue Sign in button top right of your screen. If you are already signed in, log out first and then click the Sign in button. If this option does not appear use the Create Goole Account Button below
- Next click the Create account link below the sign in box for a new Google Account sign up form. The following screen should appear. If not and a “Choose An Account” dialog appears, select “Use Other Account”, “Options”, “Create Account”.
- Fill in your First and Last Name in the appropriate fields.
- Under the “Username @gmail” select the link that says “Use my current email address instead". This avoid the creation of another email account.
- Enter your current (non-Gmail or Google) email address in the box.
- You can then continue filling out the rest of the form, which is pretty standard and doesn’t require any special steps.
- Once you’ve filled out all the fields you can click the Next step button. You’ll then be asked to confirm that you agree with Google’s Privacy and Terms. Once you’ve done that you’ll just need to confirm your account by following the instructions sent to your email address that you gave.