Starting a Business
Insights for starting a new business.
Starting A Business
If you are thinking about starting your first business, talking to a business advisor can help you on the right path to success.
You may have a great business idea and want to become your own boss but do you really know what to do, when and how.
A one-hour meeting at the Adelaide Hills Business Centre will address most of your questions:-
- Will your business idea succeed,
- Funding and keeping your business liquid,
- Reporting, licensing and registration requirements,
- Knowing market trends and key influences,
- Creating a simple plan to follow,
- Time management (Business, Family and You),
- Using a budget to maintain cash flow,
- Insights to productive business technology,
- What insurance and licensing will you need,
- Do you need council approval to operate and signage,
- What's in a business name and is registering required,
- How to obtain and establish a domain name,
- Creating and protecting your idea,
- What business structure will minimise risk and protect assets,
- How to attract and market to your customers,
- Website, social media and business applications you should consider,
- What records to keep and how,
- What's involved when employing people and
- Business systems and automation.
Business Tools and Templates
The AHBC provides a range of online business tools and templates that can save you time and money.
- First Steps in starting a business
- Secure a Domain name
- How to create a Google Website
- DIY Registration (ABN, Business Name, PAYG, TFN and GST)
- AHBC Registrations of:-
- Business Survival Tips
- Choosing a Business Names
- Business Structures
- Company Types (Private v's Public)
- Have you got the Vision?
- What's in a Business Plan
- Licensing Search for New Businesses (ABLIS)
- Business Funding Options
- Grant Finder
- Trade Mark Facts
- Pricing your goods and services
- Time Management Tips
- Negotiating Tips
- SEO fast facts
- Fact Sheets
- Business Tool Kit
Startup Free Membership
If you are about to start or have started your first business in the past 12 months, become a member, select Startup during the application process and enjoy your first years membership on us. Also gain credits towards advice session "Starting Your First Business" or "Explore Your Options" and more. We want to get off to a great start.