Enhance your business industry engagement and provide members a wider range of business related services.
Many industry and business groups have limited resources to provide business support and development services to their members. The "Not For Profit (NFP) Industry Groups" program has been designed to foster industry development along with access to shared facilities and other services at discounted rates for its members.
Your organisation benefits in a number of ways:-
- Adds value for your members with access to business resources and services,
- Delivery of industry development programs and training,
- Gain enhance grant / industry funding opportunities,
- Postal & Office address for your organisation,
- Central meeting location and access smart boardroom facilities,
- Away from home work environment for executives and key committee members,
- High volume printing and scanning facilities for minutes, posters etc,
- Media video recording studio for member's updates and industry news updates,
- High speed internet access and more.
Your members gain full AHBC membership access to a wide range business support services and shared resources. Click here to view the full range of members services
To get started
One person in your organisation becomes a paid member. ($50 per year)
Once membership has been approved, simply create a "NFP Industry or Business" Group account and then add members to access the AHBC services. There is no additional cost for the organiastion or its members. (See FAQ below about importing large number of members)
You and your members can then engage with the AHBC services and resources via the online booking forms. Eg. Advice, Training, Venue hire etc.
You and your member's only pay for facilities or services as required. NFP rates apply for the Organisation and Members Rates appy for members.
Further details may be covered by the FAQ below or contact us.
- The organisation is predominantly industry related and / or has business representatives. Eg Commerce Groups, Industry Associations etc.
- The organisation needs to be:
- An incorporated association under the State Act of South Australia or
- A Limited Public entity under the Corporations Act and registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC).
- The organisation has a current ABN.
- One person of the organisation to become a AHBC paid member and become a "Group Account Manager" using the online Member's Service Form
- The organisation has Not For Profit objectives as defined by the AHBC.
- Add 10 or more organisation's members to the Groups.
- Applied members to have an email address as this becomes their "User Name" with the AHBC.
- Members to abide by the AHBC terms.
The following information is required for each added member.
- First and Last Name (Partners to be entered as individuals)
- Email address (This becomes the members username when booking events, promoting their business etc)
- Mail address for sending members information.
- Contact phone number
- Age group (Approx.)
- Business Name (Optional)
- ABN (Optional)
- Add Cowork Plan (Optional)
When a member leaves your organisation, the Group Account Manager is required to remove their AHBC membership using the "Group Admin Panel". (Select Option 7. using Member's Online Service Form)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there a quick way to import members details?
A. Yes there is. To add a large number of members, obtain the Bulk Import Spreadsheet. Select Action "4. Business Tool Kit" followed by "Group Bulk Members Import Sheet" using the Member's Online Service Form. A confirmation email with an online spreadsheet link will be supplied. Once complete, simply notify the AHBC to import the members details.
Q. We want to add Cowork Plans for some of our committee members. How do we do this?
A. Some organisations may want key staff, committee members, administrators or the CEO to have access to a regular work place with WiFi and printing facilities. The AHBC offers such services as part of its Cowork Plans. To add Cowork, the Group Account Manager simply adds a new member or upgrades a member to have a Cowork plan.
Your organisation (Via the Group Account Manager) will receive a monthly Cowork Plan invoice for each member with a Cowork Plan.
Q. Can the AHBC help develop industry programs for our members?
A. Yes. The AHBC has a track record of developing and delivering coarse material to particular industries. We work with you to identify key outcomes and strategies to foster adoption.
Q. Can we charge our members for having this service?
A. Yes, It's a good way to raise extra funds for your organisation. However, your organisation needs to disclose any arrangements to its members so the the AHBC is not liable for any refunds.
Q. What does the AHBC do with our member's information?
A. Your member's details are used by the AHBC to provide services and other information as required. Member's details are not disclosed or sold on.
Each member will receive one eNews per month listing upcoming events and news. The members can unsubscribe from the eNews at any time.
Q. Can we add people that are not members of our organisation.
A. Only people that are connected with your organisation can be added as a AHBC member. If a member leaves your organisation, the Group Account Manager is required to retire the member using Option "7. Group Admin Panel" on member's service form.
Q. Can members resign as AHBC members?
A. Yes, the Group Account Manager or the member themselves may resign as an AHBC member at any time. Use Option "2. My Membership Details" or Option "7. Group Admin Panel" on member's service form.
Q. Do our members receive "Not For Profit" rates?
A. Members with the AHBC obtain services at members rates. "Not For Profit" rates only apply when services are booked by a Groups Account Manager on behalf of the organisation.
Q. Can our members become AHBC members themselves?
A. Yes, however an annual membership will apply and they will not be connected with your organisation. It is best for the Group Account Manager to join the members using Option "7. Group Admin Panel" on member's service form.
Q. Can our members obtain Access Key Fobs?
A. Yes, however we limit Access Fobs to those that intent to book facilities or run events at the Centre. There is an option at the time of adding a member to have a Key Fob. If a member later requires a key fob, they simply make a request using option "3. Key Fob Request" on the member's service form. (Membership with Cowork plans receive an Access Key Fob regardless)
Q. What happens if the person we add is already an AHBC member.
A. The person will stay as an independent AHBC member and will not be connected to the group.
Q. Can our Association or Group have meetings at the Centre?
A. Yes. Any of your members can book our facilities at members rates
If booked by a Group Account Manager for the the NFP organisation, the NFP rates will apply.