When attending the Hackerspace or Makerspace
For Your Protection
When attending the Hackerspace or Makerspace it is highly recommended for your safety to consider the following:
- Wear suitable clothing that is not loose (Cotton and leather fabrics are anti-static, electronics friendly and low fire risk)
- Wear closed toe and flat shoes
- Tie back long hair
- Remove jewellery before using Cutting Equipment
- Protective Gear - When using certain equipment, you will be required to wear certain safety gear including eyewear, ear plugs, dusk mask and gloves. Most of these items are available when attending the Hackerspace or Makerspace.
- Welding - Clothing that covers your arms and high neck line is recommended to avoid UV burns associated with arc welding.
- Using equipment - Never use equipment unless you have been shown how to correctly use the equipment. Ask if in doubt, your safety is paramount.
If you elect not to follow safety requirements or direction, you may be removed and refused entry.
The AHBC will remove or refuse access to anyone if they are deemed unfit or unsafe in any manner that may harm themselves or others.
Drugs and alcohol
Alcohol and drugs, including medicines prescribed by a doctor or available from a pharmacy, can affect a person’s ability to work safely. If we believe that you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, we will refuse entry.
Should you have any questions, please contact us.
Available for purchase while attending the venue, a plastic container with 1 pair of safety glasses and 1 pair of coated gloves.