Tech Lab & Buildit Shop
The Tech Space For Innovative and Creative People
Are you a creative thinker and in need of a space to design, test and prototype your next commercial product?
- Ideal for 1 to 8 people
(NOTE : Safety Requirements below)
- Lab - Apple & Windows computers, Oscilloscope, signal generator, multi metres, adjustable power supply, soldering stations and more.
- 3D printer with range of filament materials and colours.
- Micros & Bits - Access to Arduino Uno's, breadboards, wire links and components. (Items can be purchased)
- Workshop - Range of mechanical tools including small rotary tools, drill, hummers, saws, scroll saw, files, drivers, heat-gun, spanners, socket etc.
- Go Go Gadget Store Fasteners, micro processor, pumps, motors, sensors electronic components and much more.
- Work benches, tables and chairs
- 36m2 Workshop area
- TV, Data Projector, Sound System
- Whiteboard & Markers
- WiFi (High Speed)
- Prep area with fridge, kettle, cups and glasses. (Instant Coffee and Tea Supplied)
- Heating / Fan Cooling
- Roller doors access for easy loading of larger items
- Non Members : $320/day
- Members : $190/day
- Not For Profit Members : $120/day
From 8am until 6pm - 7 Days
- Regular and ongoing bookings, please contact us for quoted rate.
- Please use online form - Non online bookings, reschedule or cancellation will attract an addition $50 per item.
- Clean up cost if space not returned in good order. $100.
Q. Can I buy Gadgets
A. Yes! We maintain a comprehensive range of electronic components, mechanical drives and V-Slot / OpenBuild construction items in the Go Go Gadget Store. View the Go Go Gadget Catalogue & Price list
We don't carry everyday hardware items unless the level of consumption is smaller than what can be purchased. (MDF Panel, Plywood, Acrylic etc)
Record your Gadget items on the Hacksaw Project Sheet and make payment in Cash (No Change Given), Credit Card or Hacksaw Gift Cards.
Q. Can I bring my own project materials, parts and tools?
A. Yes, you certainly can!
The exceptions are:
- 3D printer filament Laser Cutting material will need to be approved.
- Solvents, chemicals or fuels.
Q. Is there someone who can show me how to use the equipment and give me ideas?
A. We will provide some getting started assistance but there is not supervision.
Q. If I use a Gadget Store items and find that it is not suitable for my project, do I need to buy it?
A. Yes! If you have modified that item in any way or if the items is a Microprocessor (Arduino) / module and it has been connected it to your circuit
This also applies to electronic components such as MOSFET, IC, Transistors etc.
Q. What tools do I need to bring?
A. The facilities have a well equiped workshop of every day tools like hammer, screwdrivers, spanners etc. You may need to bring tools if your project that exceeds the scope that Hacksaw covers. However on request larger tools including welding facilities can be provided under supervision and at an additional fee.
Q. Rubbish and waste, do I need to remove?
A. Yes! Whatever you bring, you need to remove at the end of the session including packaging, off cuts etc. The Centre does not provided a rubbish and waste removal service except for sweep up dust and small particles.
Q. Can I use the Band Saw, Scroll Saw and 3D Printer?
A. Yes. As long as the person is 15 year or older.
Q. Do i need to bring my own consumable like tape, rags, glue, cleaning solvents etc?
A. Most of these items are available as part of your Shed Time fee. However they are for miscellaneous use only. If your project includes such items, you need to supply or purchase from the Go Go Gadget Store.
Use of your own chemicals or solvents must be pre approved by the Adelaide Hills Business Centre. A product MSDS may be required.
Q. What should I wear
A. We suggest that you apply our safety attire ideas otherwise we may restrict your access and use of equipment. Safety glasses, deposable gloves and ear plugs are supplied at the centre. Click here to view further safety information