Why you need to create a business listings
Let's start by saying it's for you and your business. Build business credibility and trust through association with your local business community. Business listings are widely promoted to fellow AHBC members and others seeking your products and services.
However, the real reason why you need to create a business listing is around search engines like Google. One of the best strategies to improved Search Engine Optimising (SEO) is "BackLinks". (Where a website links to another website)
It's a voting system of sorts where the votes from the AHBC Business Directory goes to your website. The higher the industry authority, the larger number of votes attributed to your website's SEO ranking.
After all, everyone with a website wants the best search engine ranking possible.
To Get Started
- Check that your business is located at one of the postcode zones listed below.
- Apply for AHBC Membership - Only $50 per years.
- Once membership is approved, create a business listing.
- Edit and enhance at anytime.
Business Listing Criteria
Members may create a free business listing in the AHBC Local Business Directory so long as their business operates within the Adelaide Hills Regions (See list of accepted areas by postcode below)
How does a Business Listing help you
- Your Business Listing is publicly displayed online.
- Your Business Listing will be indexed by most search engines Eg. Google.
- Increased credibility as a local business and associated with a recognised business body, the AHBC.
- Provides backlinks to your website. A process by which most search engines will rank websites.
- Increased traffic associated with your URL and online business name.
Adding a Listing
Use the Membership form to create a business listing.
- You must be a current AHBC members
- Your business must be physically located in or around the Adelaide Hills. (See list of accepted areas by postcode below)
- You must have a business Website or some form of social media (Eg Facebook business page)
- You can only have one business listing attached to your membership.
A Business Listing contains your Business Name, Logo (URL Link), short Introduction, profile description, industry categories, phone number, URL link to your website, address (Optional) and opening times.
NOTE: Once you have created a Business Listing, check your emails for a confirmation message. Follow any instructions within the email to complete the process.
Editing Your Listing
Once you have a Business Listing, you can edit the content at any time by using the Membership form
The editing process uses a replacement method. You re-enter items that need to be changed. If no change is required, you simply leave the option blank.
NOTE: Once you have edited your Business Listing, check your emails for a confirmation message. Follow the instructions within the email to complete the process.
Hide, Show or Remove
By using the Membership form, you can set your business listing to either "Show", "Hide" or "Remove".
- Show will make your listing visible in the directory index and promoted on the AHBC website.
- Hide will remove your listing from the directory index and stop any further AHBC website promotions. It does not delete your Business List so you can redisplay at any time.
- Remove will delete all traces of your Business List
NOTE: Once you have change your Business Listing display option, check your emails for a confirmation message. Follow the instructions within the email to complete the process.
Businesses with the following Postcodes are considered local
- 5050 - Bellevue Heights, Eden Hills
- 5051 - Blackwood, Coromandel Valley, Craigburn Farm, Hawthorndene
- 5052 - Belair, Glenalta
- 5253 - Murray Bridge
- 5254 - Callington, Monarto South, Mypolonga
- 5131 - Houghton, Lower Hermitage, Upper Hermitage
- 5132 - Paracombe
- 5133 - Inglewood
- 5134 - Cherryville, Montacute
- 5136 - Norton Summit
- 5137 - Ashton
- 5138 - Basket Range
- 5139 - Forest Range
- 5140 - Greenhill
- 5141 - Summertown
- 5142 - Uraidla
- 5144 - Carey Gully
- 5150 - Eagle On The Hill, Leawood Gardens
- 5151 - Piccadilly
- 5152 - Crafers, Stirling
- 5153 - Biggs Flat, Bradbury, Echunga, Flaxley, Heathfield, Ironbank, Longwood, Macclesfield, Mylor, Scott Creek
- 5154 - Aldgate
- 5155 - Bridgewater, Mount George
- 5156 - Upper Sturt
- 5157 - Ashbourne, Cherry Gardens, Clarendon, Coromandel East, Kangarilla
- 5201 - Meadows, Prospect Hill
- 5231 - Kersbrook
- 5232 - Cudlee Creek
- 5233 - Gumeracha
- 5234 - Birdwood
- 5235 - Eden Valley, Mount Pleasant, Springton
- 5236 - Tungkillo
- 5240 - Lenswood
- 5241 - Lobethal
- 5242 - Balhannah
- 5243 - Oakbank
- 5244 - Charleston, Mount Torrens, Woodside
- 5245 - Hahndorf, Verdun
- 5250 - Littlehampton
- 5251 - Bugle Ranges, Mount Barker, Wistow
- 5252 - Brukunga, Kanmantoo, Nairne