Welcome to the Adelaide Hills Business Centre Cowork Space
You will quickly discover every thing you need is here. All what you need to do is bring a computer or hire one at the centre. Connect to the internet, grab an espresso coffee and you are ready to take on the day.
While at the centre, explore and access:-
- Cowork Spaces (Lounge, High Table or Individual / Group Tables & adjustable office chairs)
- High speed WiFi (Up to 100MB/s - See connection details below)
- Refreshments of the day,
- Shared facilities if not booked. Boardroom, Meeting Room and Media Studio.
- There is also a really nice garden area to soak up and relax in.
- Occasional printing of reports are included (10 pages / visit. Paid printing there after. See Printing details below)
- Paid Printing, Binding, Scanning, Laminating and Faxing Services are available during your visit
- Computers (Apples and Windows) are available for hire by the hour or day.
Conditions Of Access (Terms)
The centre works on the basis of "fair use" and respect for other users.
Work Spaces & Refreshments
While at the Centre, you are permitted to take a seat in the Cowork Area, meeting rooms and outside if not booked. (See Display in passage for availability)
If you need to use one of the centre's computers, they are located in the Media Studio.
The centre works on the basis of "fair use" and respect for other users. For further details, click here.
While at the Centre you are permitted to access the light refreshments that may be on offer including:
- Teas and instant coffee
- Espresso Coffee including Short and Long Blacks, Flat White, Cappuccino
- Hot chocolate
- Filtered water
- Biscuits and Fruits
Please return empty cups to the dishwasher or sink.
High speed WiFi is available using the following Access Points:-
- "AHBC" located inside the main building
- "OUTSPACE" located in the Out-Space.
The password can be found on the Display Screen in the passage, wall signs or the table top display stands. All in house computer are WiFi ready.
To use any of the Printers or Smart Boards, you will need to connect to the appropriate WiFi access points.
In House Computers
Mac and Windows computers are available at the centre for visitors hire. They are located in the Media Studio and ready to use with WiFi internet and Printing.
- Check the the computer is not in sleep mode. Press the enter key and wait a moment.
- If no response, use the power switch on the computer:
- To Start the Apple Mac, simply press the Power Switch on the rear of the screen, Left lower area. A gong noise will sound and Apple logo is displayed on startup.
- To start the Windows Laptop, press the power switch near the top right of the keyboard. Wait for Windows to start.
- Select "Visitor" icon as the user. No password is required.
- Use a USB memory stick to save your files. When logging out or shutting down files may be removed from the computers within 24 hours or immediately.
- Keyboards and mice are wirelessly paired to each computer. Spare batteries can be found in the store area.
- Copy files back to your USB memory stick.
- Apple - Click on the Apple logo (Top left corner) and select Shut Down or Log Out from the drop down menu.
- Windows - Click on the Window Icon (Lower left corner), locate the Red Visit Icon and select and then Sign-out
Ask the Centre manager if the computers are not operating as expected.
The Centre assumes you have a basic knowledge of using a Windows or a Mac computer and its applications. (Training is not provided)
Look for the Red Visitor's Sign-in logo to use computer. No password is required.
Save your work to a USB at all times. To get help, visit this page using the Home Key in the Chrome web browser.
About Apple iMacs
USB connections on the Apple Macs are located on the rear of the screen.
All computers are supplied with a basic range of office related applications. This includes, Microsoft Office (Stand alone), Open Office, Mac Office (On Macs) and Chrome. Desktop Mac computers also includes iMovie, Finial Cut Pro and Vector / Raster drawing packages.
For people new to Apple Macs:
- Safari is the same as Edge or Internet Explorer. However a Chrome browser is supplied.
- Finder is the same as File Explorer.
- Application menus are show at the top of the screen and not part of the application window.
Occasional and Limited Free Printing
If you intend to exceed 10 pages, please declare for Invoicing or make cash payment using the Order Envelope located in the passage and place in black payment box. $0.10/black and $0.50/colour page printed and $0.10 per scan to supplied USB Memory Stick.
To print you will need to connect to the AHBC WiFi.